For more information please contact:
Phil Kalsman 702-821-2729 firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie Cody 702-821-2731 email@example.com
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
“Paint the Town Purple” DVAM Campaign
Last October, SafeNest had the opportunity to turn Hoover Dam purple during National Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM). It not only afforded us the opportunity to put Nevada in the national spotlight as a leader in the domestic violence movement, it gave survivors the opportunity to gather on common ground.
Walking the bridge that night, we watched and listened to stories of survival, courage and sadly, loss. But, we left Hoover Dam filled with hope built by the power of shared experience.
This year SafeNest hopes to build on that momentum by dedicating October 2019 to survivors in our “Paint the Town Purple” DVAM campaign. SafeNest will host a series of events to engage the public, raise awareness and, importantly, celebrate survivors.
Our DVAM fundraising goal this year is $100,000, 100 percent of which will support our mission to end domestic violence homicide in Clark County by funding programs and services such as:
- Utilizing technology to expand our ability to communicate via chat online and/or text to our 24/7 crisis hotline.
- Expanding Project Safe 417 (PS417), a unique collaboration between SafeNest and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) designed to provide immediate support to victims at the scene of the incident. Launched at the Northwest Area Command (NWAC) last year, NWAC reported domestic violence homicides dropped from six to ZERO.
- Establishing a summer camp program for children who have been affected by domestic violence. Camp Hope kicks off this summer with a week-long experience designed to give them a “camp” experience, while teaching healthy life and coping skills.
- We invite you to join us by becoming a Paint the Town Purple sponsor during DVAM this October. Sponsorship levels range from $25,000 up to $75,000. You can find more details below and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Please join us this October as we Paint the Town Purple to raise awareness and honor survivors of domestic violence. Your continued support moves victims of domestic violence from crisis to confidence.
- October 10th – Cocktails & Conversation Evening Event
- An evening of “Cocktails & Conversation” with Domestic Violence survivor and speaker, Susan Still.
- October 11th – Luncheon
- A Friday luncheon for business leaders and HR professionals who would like to learn more about managing Domestic Violence related issues with your employees, featuring guest speaker, Susan Still.
- October 12th – Run for Hope 5k and Survivor Celebration
- Saturday morning event.
- With guest speaker Susan Still.
Presenting Sponsor – $75,000 associated with all three events
- Premium placement co-branding on collateral material for all three events including sampling during the Run for Hope 5k festival and survivor celebration.
- Earned and social media
- One-year logo placement on SafeNest Donation Center delivery truck
Hope Sponsor – $50,000 associated with two events
- Premium placement co-branding on collateral material for two events
- Earned and social media for two events
- Six-month logo placement on SafeNest Donation Center delivery truck
Event Sponsor – $25,000 associated with one event
- Premium placement co-branding on all collateral material for one event
- Earned and social media
- One-year logo placement on SafeNest donation bin